Latest from the Blog
The Ins and Outs of Recycling – Facts You Need to Know
In today’s society, recycling is being pushed amongst houses, offices and businesses. New strategies are being put in place to help the environment and to lower the negative effects landfill sites cause.
While we all know recycling is beneficial to the environment and can cut costs, there are many facts about waste and recycling that we are unaware of.
Did You Know?
- The average household in the UK produces more than one tonne of waste each year.
- Every year 18 million tonnes of waste is sent to landfill in the UK.
- In seven weeks, the average person is believed to throw out their own body weight in waste.
- Over a half of the waste that ends up in a dustbin should have been recycled.
- Around 16% of all the total cost of products you buy is spent on the packaging, most of which ends up in the bin.
- A large percentage of vehicle parts (80%) can be recycled.
- The process of recycling and reusing aluminium cans takes just six weeks.
- A typical family within the UK will use an average of 500 glass items such as jars and bottles each year.
- The UK’s average recycling rate is around 45% whereas Germany’s recycling rate is just over 60%.
- Recycling paper will produce around 70% less air pollution than if it were to be made from raw materials.
How Can We Help Your Office?
Global Office Supplies specialise in cutting down costs on the products your office consumes on a daily basis. As well as this, we create green office supplies made from sustainable materials to help companies lead the way towards their green energy targets and help turn their office into an eco-friendly working environment.
We provide many green office practices and help businesses make this green transition.
Source: recyclingbins.co.uk and recycling-guide.org.uk