Latest from the Blog
What Can You Do to Reduce Plastic Pollution?
It’s well documented that plastic waste has reached crisis status. It is estimated that 1 million plastic bottles are bought around the world every minute, yet only 50% of them are properly recycled. But it’s not just bottles that are the problem, add to these already astonishing figures the number of single-use plastic; food packaging, product packaging, straws and more, that are bought every minute of every day and you realise just how severe the crisis is.
Most people are becoming more conscious of how they use plastic and are doing what they can to limit their use. In support of this, we have put together a list of things we can all do to help reduce plastic pollution. While some of these might seem obvious, we hope that there are at least a couple you haven’t thought of and that we can help you to help rid the world of plastic pollution.
9 Things You Can Do to Reduce Plastic Pollution
- Stop Using Plastic Straws
- Over 550 Million straws are thrown away every day – and that’s just in the UK and the US!
- Use Reusable Bottles or Mugs
- Over 500 Billion plastic bottles are used worldwide every year!
- Use Reusable Shopping Bags
- Up to 1 Trillion plastic bags are thrown away every year!
- Use Cloth Nappies
- In the US alone, 27.4 Billion disposable nappies are discarded every year!
- Stop Using Disposable Razors
- Over 2 Billion disposable razors are thrown away in the US every year!
- Stop Chewing Gum
- Gum is made from a non-perishable synthetic rubber. Worldwide, over 100,000 tonnes of gum are thrown away every year!
- Avoid Face Wash That Contains Plastic
- There are over 300,000 plastic beads in every tube of face wash!
- Switch to a Bamboo Toothbrush
- In the US, over 1 Billion toothbrushes are discarded every year!
- Stop Smoking
- In 2018, over 2.4 Million cigarette filters were found on International Coastal Cleanup Day!
Stop Plastic Before it is Too Late
Every day, tonnes of waste plastic enters the environment. This puts animals, sea life and our own wellbeing at risk. Something needs to change before it’s too late.
Get in touch today to find out more about how we can help your office go green: